CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 16, 2009

February 15

Most kids want a pet. Liam is no different. He has been asking for a monkey. Yes, a monkey. I think it is due to his obsession with Curious George. I hope it is due to his obsession with Curious George. I have had a hard time trying to get through to him as to why a monkey isn't the best choice for a pet. I have explained how much work they are. How hard they are to get. How much happier they are in their natural habitats. No dice. The kid wants a monkey.

Today we were watching Sid the Science Kid when Sid started talking about a dog in the neighborhood.

Liam: "Momma, I want a dog for a pet."

YAY! I am happy that he is finally asking for a pet that is something he may actually have a chance of getting someday. I try to control my excitement when I reply.

Momma: "A dog? That's a nice pet to have."
Liam: "Yes, I'd like a dog to go with my monkey."

0 comments: