CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

February 4

After a long morning of mostly ignored requests and general disobedience (doesn't that sound like a punk rock band title, btw?) I was at my wits end. I left the boys downstairs for a moment with the instructions, "Momma is going upstairs to get some clothes for you guys. I will be back down in one minute. Please stay right here."

I reach the top of the stairs and open the door to the boys' armoire. No screaming, crashing, or other warning signs...doing well so far. Then I hear the telltale creak of the door at the bottom of the stairs. I whip around the corner faster than you can say "no more patience" and see Liam start to climb up the stairs.

Momma: "I asked you to wait downstairs, little boy. I will be down in one minute, if you take one more step up those stairs, so help me, I will put you in time out."
Liam, stops in his tracks (I told you he was smart), but looks quite confused: "I don't think I want to help you, Momma. I'll stay downstairs."

0 comments: